Workers' Compensation Contact Information

If you have questions or need help regarding your workers’ compensation benefits, please contact the Workers' Compensation Coordinator in Human Resources (707-826-3626).  This person can provide immediate help with your questions or claim.

Medical services for workplace injuries may be provided by the Humboldt Student Health Center during normal work hours and when semesters are in session.  If the Student Health Center is unavailable, please seek non-emergency medical attention at:

Mad River Occupational Health Services
3800 Janes Road Arcata, CA 95521
(707) 825-4907

If medical treatment is considered an emergency, please seek treatment at:

Mad River Community Hospital Emergency Room
3800 Janes Road
Arcata, CA 95521
(707) 826-8264
or the nearest hospital emergency room.

CSU claims are administered by Sedgwick CMS (formerly Octagon Risk Services).  If you file a claim for Workers’ Compensation benefits Sedgwick CMS will assign a person to administer your claim.  That person will also be able to answer questions and help with the process.

Sedgwick CMS
P.O. Box 14629
Lexington, KY  40512-4629

If you are dissatisfied with the information provided, you may contact an Information and Assistance Officer or an attorney.  For the Information and Assistance Officer in Eureka, call (707) 441-5723.  They will inform you of your rights and, if necessary, will provide you with a full review of your claim for compensation.  The information and assistance service is free.

Some issues may need to be resolved by the Workers’ Compensation Appeals Board, the state agency responsible for handling disputes.  The Appeals Board is a court of law.  You can represent yourself or you may want to hire a lawyer.  If you hire a lawyer, the lawyer’s fee will be deducted from your benefits.