Employee Assistance Program

You are here

Are You Concerned With....?

  • Job stress
  • Family problems
  • Stresses of illness
  • Financial difficulties
  • Drug problems
  • Marital problems
  • Problems with children
  • Emotional problems
  • Alcohol problems
  • Other life crisis

The Employee Assistance Program: Whether the source of the problem is psychological, chemical, marital, family or workplace related, this service puts you or your dependents in touch with a skilled counselor who has training and experience in helping people. At no cost to you, a counselor will assist you in defining and recognizing a problem. The counselor will offer two, one-hour sessions of counseling and refer you to the appropriate agency or therapist if further help is necessary. This may range from a no-cost support group to private counseling.

EAP Services Are Confidential: When you request assistance, no information is reported to supervisors, dean, chairs, or the Academic Personnel Services and Human Resources Department. To ensure confidentiality, this service is provided by Elizabeth Seals of Humboldt Family Service Center.

Who Can Use The Service? The Employee Assistance Program is available to all employees and their families. The service provides assistance with personal problems which affect job performance, including those of substance abuse.

For more information or to make a confidential appointment, please contact:

Elizabeth Seal
Humboldt Family Service Center
Offices located in Eureka and Arcata

If you have questions regarding HSU's Employee Assistance Program, please contact:

David Montoya
Associate Vice President for Human Resources


  • Easy to print EAP information
  • The purpose of this letter is to provide you with a Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) Privacy Notice.