Academic Student Sign-Up

You are here

Instructional Student Assistant, Graduate Assistant, & Teaching Associate
Electronic Sign-Up Process


Instructions for Departments

1. New Hire Form

Please complete the New Hire Form.

New Hire Form

If the department has more than 5 new hires, you have the option of filling out the Sign-Up Batch Upload Template, rather than submitting individual forms.  

  • DO NOT DELETE the headers on the template. 
  • Type the supervisor username using the format abc123 in the SUPERVISOR_ID column.
  • Include your username using the format abc123 in the SENDER column.
  • SUBMIT the filled out template to 

Batch Upload Template

2. Background Check

Select and initiate the appropriate background checks with Accurate.

Learn About Background Checks

3. Appointment Document

TA or GA

Department completes

Form 600

Department builds the contract in PeopleSoft.

 4. Telecommute Agreement and/or the Supervisor Checklist

Departments are responsible for sending the Telecommute Agreement and/or the Supervisor Checklist, depending on the location of the employee’s work 

The rest of the process looks like this

  1. HR will send the appropriate sign-up packet to the new hire.
  2. HR will determine if an I-9 is needed and will send the electronic form to the new hire via I-9 Tracker.
  3. Once the sign-up packet and I-9 form (if needed) are received back in HR, you will be sent an email that your new hire is cleared to start work. 

Forms & Guides for Students

HSU Staff, Faculty & Student Sign-Ups How-To

HSU Staff, Faculty & Student Sign-Ups