About W-2 Forms

You are here

W-2 Form Image

Where do they come from?

IRS Form W-2 Wage and Tax Statements for university employees are not produced or distributed on campus. They are mailed directly to you from the State Controller's Office (SCO) in Sacramento. The Payroll office does not keep copies of W-2s and does not have access to obtain copies of W-2s.

What do they include?

Your W-2 from SCO will include all your State of California wages. Thus, if you worked for another state agency in addition to HSU, those wages will be included in your total. The form will not include any wages from university auxiliary (non-state) organizations, such as Lumberjack Enterprises, HSU Foundation, or University Center.

Where are they sent?

Your W-2 will be mailed to the address which is on file for you in Human Resources and on the SCO database. This is not the same as your address in the campus directory (for faculty and staff), or your address on PeopleSoft. In order to change your address for W-2s, you must go to Human Resources and fill out an Employee Action Request (EAR) (for faculty and staff), or a Student Personnel Action Request (SPAR) (for students). You must request this change by December 15th in order for it to apply to the current tax year mailing.

When are they mailed?

Per federal law, the form must be mailed from SCO by January 31st (for 2015 February 1, 2016). If you haven't received your W-2 by February 15th, contact the Payroll Office.

Request a Duplicate W-2

You may request a duplicate W-2 from the State Controller's Office.